The post is quite funny, so go read it. I would guess that it’s about 30 – 50% true, 20 – 30% untrue, and 20 – 40% indicative of the mind, psychology, and beliefs of the writer, rather than telling us much about the person being written about… you might apply the same tripartite structure to my own writing.
- To my eye, Blackdragon looks fine in the pictures, though it’s hard to say how the pics would translate to real life. Anyone who has done some amount of photography knows pics can be deceiving.
- Anyone I know who might be an “alpha male” never calls himself an “alpha male.” Or even thinks about it, really. If I ever call myself an “alpha male,” please quit reading.
- I missed that BD said a 37-year-old woman is “what most men would consider a 9 or 10 unless you don’t like blonde white women.” Virtually no woman is a 9 past age 25 or 26. Most 8s have dropped to 7 by 30. That is fine and, for long-term relationships, there is more to be said for a chick than her absolute hotness level, but I don’t get the point of pretending. I just don’t see a lot of real-world 8s, period, and fewer 9s. Lots of 7s, especially among chicks in their 20s, but not a huge number of true 8s.
- I also laughed at the Krauser post because some of the values expressed in the post seem to conflict with some of the values expressed elsewhere in his corpus.
- But, I do think Blackdragon has a more realistic perspective on long-term relationships than most people do. I don’t think I’ve read Krauser views on this subject. They might be out there, somewhere.
- I just don’t think you can make enough money in books, seminars, etc. to make attempting it worthwhile. I’m skeptical of the “make money online!” guys one sees now and then. None of them ever seems to post audited financial statements or tax returns… I wonder why.
- It’s weird and incongruent for Krauser to be interested in truthfulness and reality while at the same time admiring one of the greatest grifters in U.S. history.
A funny story… so BD somehow got married to a 31-year-old woman, who already had a half-black kid, when BD was 25. Years ago, around the time I transitioning out of seeing the girl I call Libido Girl and around the time I started seeing #2, I met this chick online, late 20s, who already had a kid but was wise enough not to emphasize it online. Although her profile talked about needing commitment, etc., she was a pretty straightforward lay.
During the first date itself, I only remember her banging out about commitment and me saying, somewhat truthfully, that no man in his right mind will consider commitment w/ a woman unless/until he knows about sexual compatibility. Not the best argument but good enough for the time for her to tumble into bed. Low 7, low effort, I slept her like once a week for a while and brought her to one sex club. I didn’t see pics of her kid until later on… she was smart about that. She said she needed commitment and I told her, pretty honestly, that I didn’t see her as a good long-term match. She was pretty bitter about that and said all guys are full of shit, etc.
I was like, “Look at it from a guy’s perspective. When a guy sees your kid, what does that communicate to him about you?” Among other things it communicates 1. Bad judgment. 2. Low conscientiousness. 3. Ignorance (failure to deploy standard-issue birth control). 4. Poor decision-making skills. I didn’t say that, but it’s pretty obvious. She told me I’m a racist… which is probably a little bit true too, although I’d say I’m a “realist.” Any sane guy who sees a woman who makes the choices she did, is going to respond appropriately.
Somewhere in our brief fling she tried to explain why the baby daddy was a bad guy and whatever her situation was and I said something non-judgmental like, “It doesn’t matter and you don’t need to explain to me.” Things she seemed to find heartening at the time… they were true, though, because how she came to her situation wasn’t important to me, as her situation communicated more than enough of her character for me to bin her correctly.
Women who want to do better with men, have to understand men and what men want… men who want to do better with women, have to undrestand women and what women want. Without doing that, you are unlikely to go as far as you should go.
Our culture is superficially permissive and accepting, but in reality, when confronted with individual self-interest, most people make the smart choice. That is why “Fat acceptance” will never happen in the places it matters. People who really buy into the bullshit will typically suffer when they hit the real world.